For the vast majority of businesses a website is a fundamental part of attracting new business.
There are three core parts to producing a successful website. They are:
- The look or visual design – being professional and appropriate to the company
- Giving visitors to the site valuable content and guiding them to the next step
- Getting people to the site
Visual design and technology
The site must load rapidly and the appearance must be appropriate to the business. What is right for selling games to teenagers would be wrong for a professional services company providing legal advice.
The technology used must be right for search engines, mobiles and tablets.
The website content
The content is vital in getting the site to work properly for you and should:
- Say what you do immediately
- Give valuable information for visitors
- Talk about client problems in preference to focusing on yourself
- Have the right content for search engines
Getting people to the site
Using the marketing tactics appropriate for your business is important in getting people to the site. There are many tactics (including SEO: search engine optimisation), both online and offline; but they must be appropriate for the business and the type of clients you are looking to find.
If you are looking for a new website, or feel your current site is not doing enough for your business, do contact the website experts at HCBA.